Tuesday, October 13, 2015

More Gift Bags


I have been busy making a lot of draw string bags.  In fact, I have made 26 over the last month and a half.  Some of them have already been given away, so you will just have to believe me. ;)

I like using the pants bag tutorials by Jennifer at Glinda Quilts to make the quick, simple bags.  Here is her tutorial for the basic bag and here is her tutorial for the casing I like.  I cut my gift bags out at 10 inches square and the casing at 9.75 by 5 inches.  For the large bags I cut them out at 18 inches square and the casing at 17.75 by 5 inches.  I find that cutting the casing a quarter inch shorter helps reduce some of the bulk at the sides.  

In the picture below you can see one of every kind I made.  I made four each of the BYU and construction bags, but two of everything else.


Here are all of the boyish bags.


And here are all of the girlish bags.


And here are all of the bags ready to be given away.


I love to give these bags as gifts to family and friends.  Young children love them for toys, and I love them for traveling and organizing.  I keep all of the phone and tablet chargers in my bag when I am traveling.  I also keep all of my clips for hanging quilts for pictures in another bag.  While 26 bags is a lot, I know they will go fast.  5 have already been given away and 12  more are already designated for someone.  I have plans for making even more before Christmas, but I think I need a little break.

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar.  Check them out for more inspiration.

11 comments:

  1. Super cute! That is quite a variety, love the fox fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bags look so lovely and coordinated. I really love gifting in handmade bags because the bag is sometimes just as functional or a better gift than what is inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have too many bags. These are wonderful gift bags too. I usually make some kind of bag as the "wrapping" to my gifts so it's like getting an extra gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get into the routine of making things like these in bulk so I have them around when I need them. Thanks for the inspiration. Your bags look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great selection of bags, Jasmine! I'm not surprised that the majority of them are already tagged for new homes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super bags, Jasmine! Love the variety; you have been a busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!! I love these bags, they make great gifts and everybody loves them. I made one for myself and have been using it for all my phone and electronic chargers as well ... :-) Great project for younger ones too ... My husband's grandsons, when they are visiting, like to sew stuff on my sewing machine and last winter that's what they made. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been busy! It's so great to have these ready to go for gift-giving. Such a thoughtful gift to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love quick projects that I can share right away. These are adorable. Would make great gifts for friends and neighbors for Christmas filled with a few goodies and a card

    Yours turned out adorable. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I love your little bags :) I guess I've gotten behind on my blog reading. These are great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!