Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Miss A's First Quilt


This is Miss A's first quilt.  She pieced it with my mother using the basic Turning 20 pattern.  I pieced the backing and loaded it on the frames. 


Miss A originally wanted me to quilt it with the spirals and paisleys combo, but that would have been too difficult with my baby belly (and pregnancy brain).  She chose the simpler spirals design instead of waiting until I could quilt something more complex. 


I bound the quilt by machine for her. 


It may look familiar because Miss H used a matching kit for her first quilt.  While Miss H has a pink backing, Miss A has a blue backing. 



She did a great job piecing.  It turned out so cute! 


We were able to finish it in time for her to take it to college. 


I love quilting with family.

XX,
Jasmine

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors in this quilt. Tell her she did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a very pretty quilt and brightens up the bed. The swirls were the perfect design. You girls did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you share your joy and love of quilting with your family, too. I took my first quilt to college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now there is a quilt to brighten her dorm room, hopefully college will be in session this fall. Give her a thumbs up from me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Miss A. Congratulations on your first quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!