Thursday, July 16, 2020

Bunny's Princess Quilt


My mom embroidered these darling princess blocks for Bunny.
 

Her hands were hurting and she struggled to pin the minky blocks together.  So I told her that I would be happy to finish it up.  I pieced the blocks together and then added a darker border.


Then I loaded it on the Bernina Q24 and quilted it with some large loops to fill the empty space.  I used my finger to "mark" the loops on the block before quilting.  It was my first time quilting on the long arm with minky on both sides.  It turned out great!


I added a binding and finished up the little pillow she also embroidered.


The backing is the same dark purple as the border and binding.


My mom was very happy to have it finished.  So she came over to gift it to Bunny.  Bunny was being very shy.


Bunny loves her princess quilt from Grandma!  My mom has already embroidered some blocks for Kitty.  Here is a sneak peek at her pony quilt.  I've promised my mom to finish it as well.


The girls' quilts are so cute!

XX,
Jasmine

5 comments:

  1. The quilting was ingenious! Simple yet fills the space perfectly. These are really cute quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are delightful love how you did the quilting. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minky on both sides? What a delightful and soft quilt that must be. And an absolute treasure made with love by both you and your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collaboration(s) with your Mom, Jasmine! The girls will absolutely LOVE these gifts from Grandma. SEW sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Minky on both sides, hadn't thought of that! Finished one a week or so ago with a Minky backing (tagged you on Insta), and oh, how I love it for backing. Love the shot of your mom with Bunny.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!