Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Organizing My Studio


My studio is one of the many things that has undergone some changes this year.  The picture above is what it looked like at the beginning of 2020.  The following are pictures taken at the same time moving around the room.

We got a pop up camper from Ikea for Miss Bunny to play in.  It is light enough that it moves around the room when I need to use the design wall. 


My sewing cabinet had moved closer to the window a couple years ago. 


Moving the sewing cabinet there opened up some more space in front of the Bernina Q24.


The Baby Lock Tiara and my laptop were near the door. 


The closet contained both scrapbooking and quilting items, and it was sometimes hard to walk to the end of it. 


After playing with scraps I decided to do some more organizing.  The following are changes made this year.  This is what it now looks like from the entrance.


Another Kallax unit replaced the old brown cubes which were damaged in our move. It now holds my quilting stash (the top four cubes) and my baby flannel stash (the bottom four cubes).


Here is what it looks like with the camper in front. 


I got some bins for a cleaner look at my cutting table.  My magazines, quilting books, tools, threads, and batting scraps are in my cutting table. 


My scraps are all in the Kallax unit which is closer to the window.  That is a Brabantia ironing board my husband surprised me with for Christmas a year ago.  It is the size C (49 x 18 inches).  It is very steady and I love it. 


Not much has changed over here by the Bernina.


The biggest change is over here.  My laptop space became a home office space for my husband.  He has been able to work from home frequently during quarantine times.  There is also a play pen for when Miss Kitty comes to the studio/office. 


Another change is that my closet is now mostly my scrapbooking stuff.  The walkway is also more open after organizing things. 


I like that my cardstock (which I accessed the most) is now more accessible.  It used to be on the bottom shelf of the shelves in the back of the closet.  


There is a hidden corner in the closet between the shelves and the Expedit unit.  I roll up my seasonal wall hangings and store them there.  It works very well.  There is probably about 20 quilts in the small corner. 


There wasn't a lot of big changes since the beginning of the year, but it feels nicer with even less clutter.


Thanks again for stopping by my freshly organized studio.  Click here to see how my studio has changed over time. 

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Looks great and very organized! I remember having Emma's playpen in my sewing room. I've rearranged so many times since then. It always give me a little umph to get sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a rearrange and organization to get the sewing mojo flowing again. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I remove clutter I always feel like a breath of fresh air is blowing through my room. It does feel nice, doesn't it. I love your sewing space. It's so roomy and very organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your space! The pop up camper is a great addition, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!