Thursday, July 23, 2020

Scrappy Totes


It may have taken a long time, but I was able to turn my scrappy panels into scrappy bags.


The bags were inspired by Amanda Jean's scrappy purse, but pieced using the pattern in Christina Cameli's Scrappy Market Tote class which I watched on Bluprint.  Her class was wonderful. 

I finished the big one first.  It was the size in Christina's pattern.


And the other side.


After awhile I finished the smaller one.  I just altered the size of the panel and straps from Christina's pattern.


And the other side.


Here the cute bags are together.


There is actually a bigger size difference than appears in the photo above.  Here the small one is inside the larger one.


Now they are hanging on the quilt rack by my cutting table waiting to be used.


I love how they turned out, but next time I would use cool colors for one and warm colors for the other.  I think I would like a more limited palette.  I would love to make more bags like these when I have time.

XX,
Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. The bags look great, Jasmine. The difference in size is really noticeable when you stacked them together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a bag lady myself, I love these totes and they are great scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good idea for using scraps. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super scrappy works for me. LOVE these! The idea of making a warm color tote and a cool color one makes sense. Personally, I would shy away from white straps, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are super fun bags, it's fun to try something else besides quilts once in a while isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and perfect. Excellent use of scraps :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!