Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Pillow Time

 

I recently made these two pillows for my mom.  They were made with the scraps from two turning twenty quilts she made (and I finished) in 2016.  


I cut out the pieces with the 3.5 inch Accuquilt square die.  It is so nice for scraps!  I did pull out four of my own scraps.  Each pillow panel has two each of 24 different fabrics.  Then they have a one inch finished white border to make them 20 x 26 inches.  

I made a pink one to go with the pink bordered quilt.  


I made a purple one to go with the purple bordered quilt.  


Here they are together.


And here are the backs which were made with the leftover border fabric.  


In exchange for the pillows my mom gave me the rest of the leftover fabric and scraps.  It was a win win.  

I also turned two practice blocks from Kitty's pony quilt into a two sided pillow.  


The brown one was the first block Mom made before I asked for My Little Pony inspired colors.  


This gray minky pillowcase was made for Cheetah to take with him to college.   He was excited for a fuzzy pillow to match his dorm room bedding.  

I used my own Minky Pillowcase Tutorial to make it.  

More pillows are on my bucket list.  

XX,

Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! I have been needing to make some pillows, but I don't really have the inspiration yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheetah going to college? Oh boy, how is that possible? The pillows look great and small makes like these can be really fun and satisfying, so I definitely understand why more pillows are on your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on those pillows for your Mom and congrats on the scrap score!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!