2015 has been a great year, and I feel that I have definitely met my main goal for the year which was to "Enjoy." I have enjoyed creating many things this year, as my stash report shows.
Quarter 2: 45.75 yards used, 43.25 yards added, 100 yards donated, 102.5 yards less
Quarter 3: 107.5 yards used, 21.25 yards added, 4 yards donated, 90.25 yards less
Quarter 4: 40.5 yards used, 22.5 yards added, 10 yards donated, 28 yards less
Year to date: 299.25 yards used, 188.5 yards added, 114 yards donated, 224.75 yards less
Everything I created helped me meet all fifteen of my little goals for the year.
- Using my stash ~ About 160 yards of old stash were used.
- Using my scraps ~ 4 projects made using my scraps.
- Using new fabrics ~ About 140 yards of new (to me) fabric were used.
- Building my stash ~ About 45 yards of fabric purchased are now part of my stash.
- Finishing quilts ~ I finished 28 quilts and pieced 20 tops for Cheetah's project.
- Finishing quilty projects ~ I made 44 drawstring bags, and 9 other bags/baskets.
- Making quilts as gifts ~ I gave 6 quilts as gifts.
- Making quilts to donate ~ I donated 12 quilts this year.
- Making quilts for my home ~ 6 quilts were made for my home.
- Sewing my WISP by hand ~ I made lots of progress, but there is still more to do.
- Improving my FMQ ~ Wow! I loved trying new things, taking classes, and teaching classes.
- Blogging (when I have something to blog about) ~ This is post #111 for me this year.
- Participating in online events ~ It has been so much fun!
- Preserving memories ~ I started making a quilt photo album which I love.
- Last, but definitely not least... Being a wife and mother ~ The most rewarding goal of all. I love my family!
It really has been an enjoyable year! Here are my top 5 favorite projects for the year (in no particular order) for the Best of 2015.
Not only is "Floating" one of my most favorite quilts, it is also the most viewed with nearly 9,000 pageviews and 3,500 pins on Pinterest.
"Quilty Kisses" is still one of my favorites, because it is so me. I love the ombre effect, the simple piecing, and the fun quilting.
"Modern Farmer's Wife" was a huge accomplishment for me, and I love it. Here is the introductory post with links to all of my ideas and cutting instructions for modernizing the original Farmer's Wife Quilt.
And I seriously love my "Into the Vortex" quilt. It is so cuddly and filled with quilty memories.
But the project with the most memories is Cheetah's Eagle Scout Project. I donated 20 pieced quilt tops and matching backs for his project.
He showed great leadership in getting them all finished.
Over the Christmas Break he finished up the paperwork and got them turned in to our local chapter of Project Linus. Now he just has one merit badge to finish up and some more time to serve in the scout troop.
2016 will also be an exciting year. My big goal for the year is practically the same as for 2015. I want to "Enjoy the Journey." I can see many journeys I will be taking, but here are just six specifics for 2016.
- Creating and quilting.
- Teaching quilt classes.
- Building a new house.
- Moving to a new house.
- Making it a home.
- Being a mother and wife.
I wish all of you a Happy New Year with my best wishes for your journeys in 2016.
P.S. I will be linking up to some fun parties including Best of 2015, Planning 2016, and Our 2016 Goals.