Thursday, March 17, 2016

My WISP Flimsy


I kept working on my WISP (work in slow progress) and got all of the blocks finished.  Then I laid them out on the floor and marked each block with a butterfly pin.


I loved how I could write a letter an number on each of the butterfly pins.  Then I purchased a new Clover Mini Iron II and pressed each of the blocks.  By sewing only on the drawn seam lines, I was able to swirl each of the intersecting points in the block.  (See my piecing method here.)


Pressing made a big difference in the looks of the blocks!


I debated about sewing the sixteen inch blocks into a quilt top by hand or machine, because I was not looking forward to sewing such long seams by hand.  I spoke to my dad about it and he asked, "Are you going to quilt it by hand?"

I said, "Well, no."

Then he asked, "Then what's the point in piecing it entirely by hand?"

I liked his answer so much that I finished the piecing by machine.  Now I am happy to show you the finished flimsy!!!  It has taken me nearly two years to complete the flimsy.  That is a long time for me.  ;)


I am really looking forward to playing with the quilting on this top.

XX,
Jasmine

13 comments:

  1. Your dad had some very sage and wonderful advice. The quilt top looks great and congratulations on getting it put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many curves! Great progress! I like your dad's supportive answer. What a pretty quilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top is beautiful! I look forward to seeing how you will quilt it. I will be making one of these in the future. Your hand seams are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting it together! It's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a VERY long time for you, Jasmine! Congrats on getting this pretty top done. I'm sure you will have fun with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart dad! Congrats on your finish. It's so pretty, and it has lots of white space for you to quilt in. I can't wait to see what you do with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Lots of curves and lots of pressing. Love the way it turned out. You really did some work! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressed! All those curves! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two years is a long time...good for you to get it done. :) :)It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know that today is the first day of Spring. It seems that your WISP was timed perfectly. I so admire your methods, your order, your neatness and your fabulous finishes. They are beautiful without being intimidating, like a gentle teacher saying - Yes, you can do it too!!!
    Hugs,
    Preeti.
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous, Jasmine! Your dad's advice was spot on :) I can't wait to see how you quilt it. Do you know what you'll do for the quilting yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can say is: WOW! This is fabulous! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great advice! I love that logic. Looks great and thanks for the tip on the pressing. I've been meaning to buy a mini iron!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!