Thursday, October 19, 2017

Quilt of Valor Finished


I am happy to say that I have finished this quilt for the Cotton Stitchers club.  It will be donated to Quilts of Valor.

My original blocks, mentioned in my previous post, were made from scraps.


However, I had to cut into yardage to make enough blocks to finish the top.  I made some more crazy disappearing nine patch blocks and some friendship star blocks, including two reverse star blocks.


The backing and binding were donated by Daines Cotton Shop.  I donated the batting and thread.  I quilted it simply with loops and stars on the Bernina Q24.


Here are close-ups of some of the other blocks that were donated.





The backing was extra wide, so I didn't have to piece it.



It was a great group project, and I hope to make another with my Cotton Stitchers club sometime.  While we have had some service days before, this was our first pieced and quilted quilt.


Quilt Stats #212
Name: Quilt of Valor
Pattern:  Donated 12 inch finished blocks
Fabrics Used:  Various red, white, and blue
Batting:  Warm and White
Size:  About 60 x 72 inches
Date Finished: 2017

Here it is in my living room waiting for me to take to the next meeting.


XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar.  Check them out to see more quilty inspiration.

6 comments:

  1. The loops and stars are the perfect way to finish this quilt. I am so thankful for your kind, generous, and caring heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quilting you choose. Goes perfectly! This quilt will brighten someones day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish for a wonderful organization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful quilt, Jasmine. Every detail adds to its charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this in person today and it is very well done. Thanks for the extra time that you put into getting it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to know another veteran will be wrapped in love soon. Nice job Jasmine!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!