Thursday, September 17, 2020

Wedding Quilt for T & J


My nephew T and his wife J asked for a black, gray and white quilt which was mostly gray.  This design was inspired by Canoe Ridge Creation's Sliced Cake tutorial.  I cut my rectangles a different size because I was using stash instead of a layer cake.

I selected thirty different fabrics from my stash.  Approximately ten black, ten gray, and ten white. I cut a four inch WOF strip out of each one.   


Then I cross cut the strips into four ten inch pieces.  I put the quilt on the design wall one quarter at a time.  That made it easy to keep the fabrics evenly distributed.  It was fun watching the quilt grow.  





I actually pieced this quilt on my kitchen table while the kids were playing.  


I quilted it with five loops per rectangle on the Bernina Q24.  


I counted to five 120 times.  I'm pretty good at counting to five.  Hehe.  


Of course it has minky on the back  


It has a solid black binding to tone down the busy prints.  


Once again my sweet husband held it up for me outside.  


I love how it turned out and may use this pattern again.  





It also looked really good in my piano room.  


But I know for a fact that they love it.  


They especially loved the minky on the back!

XX,
Jasmine



5 comments:

  1. Smart thinking on using easy-to-piece patterns for these wedding quilts. Let the fabric do the talking. It's a beauty and best of luck to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and elegant! I love these black and white quilts for wedding gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the loops face different directions on each row!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course they love the Minky on the back! What a great pattern; I must make a note(bookmark) of it for RSC 2021. The size of the rectangles you cut would make excellent use of WOF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wrapping the quilt with the ribbon is a great presentation! You really have taken to the longarm, so nice your mom 'shares' it with you! Is she using it?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!