Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wedding Quilt for T & S


This quilt was made for my nephew T and his fiance S.  It is inspired by the artwork of Piet Mondrian.  I shared how I made the quilt top in my previous post.  
  

I got it loaded on the frames with a gray minky backing.  Then I quilted it with simple wavy lines like Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.  


I thought that the wavy lines would hold it together without taking over the modern design.  


I think I accomplished that.  


It is bound in a solid black to blend in with the border.  


While it has been finished for awhile, I had a hard time getting some good photos of it.  I'm happy to share it today.  

  




I'm excited to give it to T and S this weekend!


Even if it does look right at home in my piano room.  ;)

XX,
Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. The wavy lines compliment the design nicely, and I really like the dark gray minky for the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your nephew and his fiancee will love this quilt. Your wavy lines really work well with the simple design. I struggle with those wavy lines but I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I love the wavy line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous quilting. So what's your secret for not having all of it so symmetrical. I've tried and I always want to try to make mine perfect instead of improv style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on choosing an appropriate quilting pattern for the design of the quilt, Jasmine! Did you find that it produced more shrinkage in one direction than the other? Whatever the case, it's a fabulous finish and such a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully stunning quilt! I remember fashions inspired by Mondrian in the 1960's....oops...telling my age there...lol! The newlyweds are sure to love this. I am not a big fan of modern quilts but this one bears copying! Blessings from West Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps...I missed the finished size of the quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you totally nailed it with the quilting! Lorna‘s organic wavy quilting is not as easy as it looks. Beautiful quilt and I know they will treasure it if it does make it out of your house LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!