Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Quilting my Niece's First Quilt


This beautiful yellow and gray quilt was pieced by my niece R.  She worked on it with my mother who teaches her granddaughters to quilt once they are teenagers.  My mom has been using the basic Turning Twenty pattern with all her granddaughters.  It was so much fun to help R finish her first quilt.  :D  All she has left to do is the handwork on the binding. 

I quilted the center section with light gray thread in spirals with hooks.  It was so much fun, and only took two hours with Princess. 


I quilted the borders by sketching around the large daisies.  It took nearly two hours to quilt the borders, which is longer than I expected.  But... I love how it turned out. 


She has this fun polka dot on the backing which looks so neat with all the swirls. 


This quilt is twin size measuring about 76 x 92 inches.  It has Hobbs 100% cotton batting in it, and I love how it quilted up. 

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with Lorna for Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts. 

11 comments:

  1. I really love the daisy quilting in the border. It really makes those flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so adorable, you and her make a great team! I LOVE those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! What a sweet quilt - love the gray and yellow - and all those daisies! Your quilting is such a compliment to this design and really helps to soften it up. Adds a sweet femininity! Congratulations to R on her first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasmine, you rocked the quilting! I'm sure your niece is very pleased!! Love how you quilted around the daisies!! What a beautiful first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I love how your mom is teaching her granddaughters too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and your quilting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jasmine this quilt is perfect teenager quilt! I love that your mom is teaching her granddaughter to quilt....she kept it doable and rewarding for them. You wouldn't know by chance the fabric line used...this is exactly what I'm looking for...but with purples and greys...to make a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilting in the border. Looping on those daisies was an excellent choice. Your niece picked very nice colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! The fabrics are so young and fresh, yet the yellow and gray is so chic! Beautiful quilting, Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabrics totally make this quilt. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt. I especially love the way you quilted the daisies. Her colour and fabric choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!