I have five blocks to share with you today. Four use only squares and rectangles.
The fifth, a bonus block, uses the largest pieces in my quilt. It's a great place to start.
I will be sharing with you the sizes to rotary cut the blocks which have been enlarged to finish at 12 inches. For more information (and the amazing letters), please refer to the original FWQ book by Laurie Hird.
The first is FWQ block #4 Basket Weave
- Dark Pink: four 2.5 x 6.5 inch rectangles
- Light Pink: four 2.5 x 6.5 inch rectangles
- Background: four 2.5 x 6.5 inch rectangles
The second is FWQ block #48 Homeward Bound
- Dark Purple: four 4.5 inch squares
- Light Purple: four 2.5 inch squares
- Background: one 4.5 inch square; four 2.5 inch squares; four 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles
- Dark Green: five 2.5 inch squares
- Light Green: five 2.5 inch squares
- Dark Blue: four 2.5 inch squares
- Light Blue: four 2.5 inch squares
- Background: sixteen 2.5 inch squares
The fourth is FWQ block #92 Streak of Lightning
- Dark Blue: three 2.5 inch squares; eight 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles
- Background: three 2.5 inch squares; seven 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles
- Light Green: Two 7.5 inch squares*
- Background: Two 7.5 inch squares*
*I put the hour glass blocks together using this method from Red Pepper Quilts so that they will finish individually at six inches.
Click on the Modernizing the Farmer's Wife Quilt series link if you have missed any of the posts. It will bring you to the introductory post with links to all of the episodes.