Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Amanda Murphy Class


My mom and I recently took a three day longarm class/workshop from Amanda Murphy at Nuttall's Bernina.  The classroom was amazing and a lot of her quilts were hung around the room.

I loved this free motion quilting sampler.


They also had a lot of her fabric for sale.



And here is a close-up of the quilt on the left, because I told Sandra how awesome it was.  ;)


The first day was about free motion quilting on the Q-series machines.  Here is a peek at some of what I did that day.



The second day was about ruler work and combining it with free motion.



The third day was about using the Q-matic and combining it with free motion quilting. I didn't take any pictures of that.  ;)

It was wonderful taking a class from a Bernina Quilting and Long Arm Spokesperson.  Amanda Murphy was able to give little tips and tricks for doing things on the Q24 which I found helpful.  It was also wonderful spending that time with my sweet mother.


My mom and I bought some of her fabric and patterns, and I'm looking forward to trying some of her techniques on future projects.  

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. I really like those hearts you quilted on the first day. What a blessing to be able to take a long class like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that you and your mom take classes together and have such awesome quality time quilting with one another. The class sounds wonderful, and I look forward to seeing your quilting continue to develop and grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great learning opportunity for you and your mom.
    I am so glad you both went

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look so happy. Thank you for sharing, Jasmine. Her quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!