Friday, August 10, 2018

30's Race


My mom gave me the fabrics for this quilt when I cut one out for her just like it.  It is made using my Chunky Race Quilt Calculations and 30's style fabrics.

One thing I did differently when piecing this quilt was piece it in sections of just four rows each.  I did that because each fabric was used 5-6 times.  That kept the like fabrics from touching as often.


Once all five sections and the extra row were sewn, I trimmed them all to the same length and sewed them together.


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24 with large loops.  It is such a fun design to use.




The backing is a creamy yellow fabric from my mom's stash.


The binding is one of the fabrics from the top. 


I love a finished quilt.


This one will probably be gifted or donated. 


XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be joining some of the linky parties on my sidebar.  Check them out for more quilty inspiration. 

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the large loops. Seeing this makes me want to break out some fabric and whip one up! You quilt is so beautiful in those soft pink fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backing and binding coordinate beautifully with the quilt top and those large loops are a great motif for these race quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piecing your Chunky Race Quilt in sections appears to have worked out really well. Congrats on a lovely new finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a great tip, thanks for sharing. I see more chunky races in my future!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!