Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Weighted Blanket


I recently helped my friend Alissa make a weighted blanket for her son.  We based it off of the tutorial at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  The tutorial was written for a blanket about 30 by 48 inches.  We had to alter it to be 60 by 84 inches.  Her son is rather tall. 

Alissa used Kona cottons she bought at JoAnn's for half price.  It used a lot of fabric.  I did all of the cutting and she did most of the sewing.  I did the walking foot quilting to form the pockets. 

Here is a peek at the back. 


One of the reasons why we liked this tutorial is because it has you make a duvet to put over all the pockets.  I love how it looks like the blanket is being eaten. 


Her son chose a nice navy blue minky which was conveniently already 60 inches wide. 


They are loving this weighted blanket because it is completely adjustable with how you can distribute the weight. 

I would highly recommend the tutorial if you want to make an adjustable weighted blanket. 

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar.  Check them out to see what other quilters have been making. 

5 comments:

  1. That is interesting. The minky will make this so wonderful. Minky makes all quilts wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome; I bet the blanket feels great to snuggle under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until Sarah showed how to make them I never had heard of them before. Minky will make it so snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I made a small weighted blanket a few years ago. Can't begin to imagine what it was like making a 60 x 84" one!!! I hope it's working well for its owner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great team effort, and love the minky, especially the one where it's eating the inside quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!