Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Botanical Quilt


One of my neighbors had chemo therapy last fall.  I decided to make him a quilt before he started his treatments.  One of his hobbies is gardening, so I thought he wouldn't mind some subtle flowers on his quilt. I used a botannical layer cake from Craftsy and a very simple design so I could finish it quickly.  Each block only has one seam.  It doesn't get much simpler than that. 


I quilted it with a large stipple on the Bernina Q24 because my baby belly was pretty big by then.  It was all I could do. 


It has a blue minky on the back. 


Oreo (a year old in this picture) was very curious about what I was doing. 


I bound the quilt in a solid teal. 


He loved the quilt and said it had his favorite color (not that I remember what it is now).


Sometimes super simple is just what the doctor ordered. 

XX,
Jasmine

7 comments:

  1. I love the big stipple. When I try to stipple in a different size, I always tend to go back to the size I'm used to using. So very hard to change that muscle memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful color combination! Perfect for a gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift for someone going through something so difficult. I hope he is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors and fabrics! So sweet of you to give him a quilt while he is going through this challenge. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wrapped your neighbor in a beautiful quilty hug, I am sure he was thrilled with it. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right on that super simple mantra! I've been trying to do more of that. This is a beautiful quilt, and I hope it brought him extra healing with the super-powers that a quilt (and its maker) has within it/her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a thoughtful gift for your neighbor, Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!