Saturday, May 23, 2020

Introducing Kitty

(Quilt made for me by my grandmother many years ago.)

It is amazing to me how quickly life changes.  Two years ago we were a family of five.  My husband, myself, and our three boys: Cheetah, Panda, and Monkey. Then we adopted our sweet Bunny.  We became a family of six and my quilting time drastically decreased.  Blogging was pretty sporadic.


One year ago I found out I was pregnant (an extreme surprise as we didn't think we could have any more children). My quilting time decreased even more due to lack of energy. I stopped blogging to take care of my family and prepare for the baby.


Older quilts were brought in to decorate the nursery.


Half a year ago our sweet Kitty was born.  Now we are a family of seven and feel truly blessed.


Three months ago we started hearing more about Covid-19.


Now, not only has our family been changing but the world has been changing.  Our boys have been doing online at home schooling, and Cheetah had a virtual high school graduation.


Miss Kitty is our little sunshine and a great reminder that life goes on even with trial, tribulation, and pandemics.


So while I haven't made as many quilts in the past year, they have been getting lots of use for snuggles.  Blogging will be sporadic, but I'd still like to share the quilts and other projects that I have finished.

I hope you are all safe and well through this pandemic.

XX,
Jasmine

14 comments:

  1. She is so precious! I'm so happy for you to be blessed with 2 little girls. And the pink and purple is going to be around in your house for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on adding another girl to the family! So happy for you that you are all safe and healthy. Looking forward to seeing what quilts you have managed to whip up in your spare time;) Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new little girl! And best wishes that everyone in your family can stay healthy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your newest addition to the family, Jasmine! So glad you are all doing fine! It was fun to see your post come up in my feed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear all are good in your household. I was wondering when haven't seen anymore blogging. Funny how life is, your oldest boy is graduating already? Congrats on your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you are adapting to all of the changes, Jasmine. It's great to hear from you and I would love to see what you have been able to finish when you have the time to share. Enjoy those snuggles and best wishes and love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the addition of sweet Kitty to your family! The other day I was thinking of you and wondering if you were still blogging. Glad to hear all is well and you have been busy with your family. Post when you can, we'll be here. Many blessings to all of you. -- Barbara bfiresheets@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was glad to see your newest post and have missed seeing your projects. Congratulations on your lovely addition and to your whole family. Please do blog from time to time; you are so talented and it's fun to see quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my GOODNESS!!! Congratulations, Jasmine (and family) on your precious addition to the family. I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering why I hadn't seen your blog in my feed for a while. Mystery solved! I'm so glad it's because of a new little person finding her way into the world. 💝 Hugs and congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I have been MIA in the blogging world for a while. Technical issues combined with a need for a break. What a lucky baby to have so much love in quilts around her!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so happy to see your blog pop up in Bloglovin :) Your little one looks absolutely adorable. Congratultions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Kitty is the cutest!!! Lots of love and blessings for your family. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your dear, sweet Kitty (and welcome back to blogging, Jasmine!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very late, but congratulations on both the birth of Kitty and the adoption of Bunny. Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!