Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Month of February & March Goals


The month of February was really a month of lovin' for me.  Out of five finished projects, only two were for me.  I met my goal which was making something with my red fabrics...


and all my red strings.


I finished three red projects.  A red table runner for my home, and red wall hanging for my sister-in-law L, and a red lap quilt for my home.  These three projects used up 14.25 yards of fabric. 


I love the way they turned out, even though the red fabrics bled on the cream background.  I washed them multiple times with color catchers and even Synthrapol, but the sashings became a pinky peach.  I think it must have been something to do with the cream fabric itself that just wanted to soak up the dye.  I am disappointed, but they still look pretty good. 

I also finished this floral quilt, called "Country Rose," for a neighbor, which the women in the Relief Society at church helped me tie.  This quilt used up 11 yards of fabric. 


But my first finish for this month was actually another blue quilt called, "Night and Day."  It is an hourglass quilt for my uncle who has been having some health challenges lately.  This quilt used up 8 yards of fabric. 


So here is my stash report for the month of February...

February Stash Report
Quilting Cottons
Fabric purchased this month:  0 yards
Fabric used this month:  33.25 yards
Net stash this month: 33.25 yards less
Fabric purchased year to date:  0 yards
Fabric used year to date:  86.75 yards
Net stash year to date:  86.75 yards less

Plus, I even figured out a different way to make a twister quilt at the end of the month.  Here are all the pieces up on my design wall. 


So I think my goal for the month of March for A Lovely Year of Finishes will be to make something with my pink fabrics.  They are nice and springy. 


There is nothing like a head start to make me excited to finish something.  ;)

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with the Sunday Stash Report at Patchwork Times and the March Goal Setting Party for A Lovely Year of Finishes. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are in the pink! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your red projects! They are just perfect, whether there was bleeding or not, it worked out very, very well. I once heard someone say all reds go together, and you just proved that. The other projects are lovely, too. I know your neighbor and your uncle will be/are thrilled!

    I remember when I lived in the west and RS did things like have quilting bees and tying parties. Here in TN, we don't ever do that, but I DO get together with a couple of friends from church, one of them every Monday morning, so it isn't so bad. =) I look forward to see what you do with your pinks. You are doing really well on sewing from the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one amazing stash report! You are off to a big start on your stash... With gorgeous results too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got so much done and used up so much fabric, have you got any stash left?!? Sorry to hear about the red fabric bleeding, they quilts and runner look really bright and fresh

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!