Monday, March 10, 2014

Whole Cloth Quilts


As I mentioned in my last post, I practiced my FMQ with my new Tiara quilting machine on whole cloth quilts.  All six of the quilts are now finished.  As promised, here are some close-ups.  ;)


Quilt Stats #92
Name: Christmas Paisleys
Pattern:  Whole cloth
Quilting Design:  Large Stipple
Fabric:  Hoffman fabrics from my stash
Amount Used:  3.5 yards
Batting:  Frankensteined Warm and White
Size:  About 42 x 53 inches
Date Finished:  March 2014



Quilt Stats #93
Name: Baby Rose
Pattern: Whole cloth
Quilting design:  Loopy line with flowers
Fabric:  floral and pinks from my stash
Amount Used:  2.5 yards
Batting: Frankensteined Hobbs 80/20
Size: About 36 x 42 inches
Date Finished: March 2014



Quilt Stats #94
Name: Hidden Fairies
Pattern: Whole cloth
Quilting design:  Paisleys
Fabric:  from my stash
Amount Used: 2.5 yards
Batting: Frankensteined Hobbs 80/20
Size: About 35 x 42 inches
Date Finished: March 2014



Quilt Stats #95
Name: Leaves and Berries
Pattern: Whole cloth
Quilting design:  loopy line with leaves
Fabric:  from my stash
Amount Used:  3 yards
Batting: Frankensteined Hobbs 80/20
Size: About 40 x 42 inches
Date Finished: March 2014



Quilt Stats #96
Name: Pink Iris Flowers
Pattern: Whole cloth
Quilting design:  hook swirls
Fabric: floral and pinks from my stash
Amount Used:  3.5 yards
Batting: Frankensteined Hobbs 80/20
Size: About 42 x 54 inches
Date Finished: March 2014



Quilt Stats #97
Name: Iris Garden
Pattern: Whole cloth
Quilting design:  hook swirls
Fabric:  from my stash
Amount Used:  3.75 yards
Batting: Frankensteined Hobbs 80/20
Size: About 42 x 57 inches
Date Finished: March 2014

And once again, here is the new set- up in my craft room...


What I learned from all these quilts: 
  • I love quilting with my Tiara, Princess. 
  • Adding tables to the right and left help a lot.
  • I needed a better chair.  (My sweet hubby bought me one last weekend.)
  • The Aurifil thread works great with my Tiara.
  • The stitch regular takes some getting used to, but I like it. 
  • This was a great way to learn my new machine while helping others.  (These will all be donated locally.)
  • It also used up a bunch of fabric... 18.75 yards for all six quilts. 

And just in case you were wondering if I have any fabric left...  Here is a peek at my newly organized closet.  I have made a dent in my stash, but there is still lots to use.  :o)  I have used over 100 yards in less than two and a half months.  As my husband said, "That's a football field!"  Wow!  it sure adds up fast. 


You can also see some more detailed pictures of my stash on my Stash Busting page just under my header. 

Plus, I bought 4 yards of fabric I found in the clearance section in my LQS. It was more Richard Scarry fabric. 

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy AND it looks like you and your new Princess are getting along great! I was at the LQS yesterday. . . made it out with no fabric AND put blinders on when walking by the sit down quilting machines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying your new Princess :) I think I would love a stitch regulator, but I'm purposely NOT test driving any machines. It's a lot harder to say no when I know as opposed to just imagine what I'm missing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see all you are getting done, way to go!!! Using your stash-wow you have used a bunch in a short time!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than three days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!