I have four blocks to share with you today which include some of the blocks from the book divided into fifths. I have enlarged the block itself to finish at 10 inches. A one inch finished border can be added to make them up to a 12 inch finished block.
I am including the sizes to rotary cut the enlarged blocks which finish at 10 inches. For more information (and to read the special letters), refer to the original FWQ book by Laurie Hird.
The first is FWQ block #32 Farmer's Daughter
- Dark Pink: four 3 inch* squares; five 2.5 inch squares
- Light Pink: four 2.5 inch squares
- Background: four 3 inch* squares; eight 2.5 inch squares
The second is FWQ block #33 Farmer's Puzzle (altered to use both the light and dark blue)
- Light Blue: one 2.5 x 10.5 inch rectangle, two 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles
- Dark Blue: eight 3 inch* squares
- Background: eight 3 inch* squares
- Light Green: four 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles
- Dark Green: eight 3 inch* squares
- Background: eight 3 inch* squares; one 2.5 inch square
- Dark Purple: two 3 inch* squares; four 2.5 inch squares
- Light Purple: six 3 inch* squares
- Background: eight 3 inch* squares; five 2.5 inch squares
I really like the way the light colored fabrics frame the blocks and seem to continue the design. (It makes me really excited to get the borders around the rest of my blocks. These four will end up with two borders.)
- Border: two 1.5 x 10.5 inch rectangles; two 1.5 x 12.5 inch rectangles
Click on the Modernizing the Farmer's Wife Quilt series link if you have missed any of the posts in the series. It will take you to the introductory post with links to all of the episodes.