Thursday, July 16, 2015
My New Beatle Bag
I bought a pattern and inserts for a Beatle Bag earlier this year at the HMQS, and I finally got around to making my bag.
It was my first time working with the Soft and Stable foam batting, and I love how puffy the quilting looks.
This is a large Riley Blake Quatrefoil in black which I quilted between the shapes for the outside of my bag.
The lining is a Riley Blake Swiss Dots which I quilted with the walking foot four dots apart.
I loved not having to mark the quilting on either one.
I thought the bag would take about four hours to finish.
It was more like eight! But I do love my new organizer bag.
I think it is cuter than a bug. ;)
I did change the pattern by not sewing the darts and adding a flap to cover the first pocket.
I also added a strap with a hook by the second pocket, but whish I had just added another flap for the scissors.
I think I am going to add a small D-ring to the red flap. Then I can clip the hook onto it. The scissors might stay in better that way.
Either way, I am enjoying my new bag by my sewing machine.
It is keeping little things a bit more organized.
And speaking about organization... look at what I just brought home from Ikea. My sweet hubby put it together for me.
This cart is hanging out by my cutting table and is still empty. I'm trying to figure out what I want to keep on it. I usually just work on one project at a time, but I may keep the next two projects I want to work on in it. We'll see.
One of those future projects I want to work on is a Sew Together Bag that will match my Beatle Bag.