Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Challenge Quilt Results


My quilt, Day in the Country, was entry number 7 of 8 for the challenge at my LQS.  Here it is hanging up in the store.  There were two ways to win: Judges' Choice and Viewer's Choice.  Each winner (and it had to be two different entries) won a $50 gift card to the store.

I am so excited to say that my quilt won Judges' Choice.  :D  So it is still hanging up in the store.


We found out when the prizes were announced that the judges were actually two Riley Blake designers.  Pretty cool.

It is probably not a surprise that my boys asked me to spend my winnings on minky fabric.  So I did.  I bought each boy 2/3 yard minky so that I can make them another minky pillow case.  I also bought enough minky for the back of a rainbow quilt I want to make.  I was lucky to find the perfect minky for all four projects in their clearance section.

Thanks for sharing in my excitement!

XX,
Jasmine

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations and what a great use of your winnings. Having 2 RB designers pick your quilt is super neat, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah girlfriend so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jasmine, your quilt is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cool! Congratulations on being judges choice! I love it that your boys like to help you spend your quilting money it makes it even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jasmine! It looks great - I bet you and the boys were over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Such a great quilt. I'm not surprised that you won!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But of course! A. that you won. B. that you'd spend your winnings on Minky. C. that your boys told you to!! hahaha. How I wish I could find some Minky in a clearance section around here..... Love your quilt Jasmine, deserving of a win, and by Riley Blake designers, aw yeah! Maybe they'll be sending you some fabric to design a quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I'm so happy for you! I love this quilt. Congrats friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Jasmine!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Jasmine! Awesome work. And the money is already spent: sounds like a woman after my own heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog. The latest finish is just gorgeous :) Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Great way to spend your winnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Jasmine, how exciting! Wow, you really stretched your winnings and made them count - well done!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!