I am thrilled to have finished this quilt for my sister. It is my first time using the Quick Curve Ruler and sewing curves with my machine. I love how it turned out. I used the Urban Abacus pattern as a guide, but made some changes (mainly wider lanterns and extending the bars on the top and bottom). I went into more detail on the piecing and quilting of the quilt in my previous posts.
So how about a picture heavy, word light kind of post. :)
Quilt Stats #142
Quilt Name: K's Lanterns
Pattern: Altered Urban Abacus
Fabrics: From my stash and my mom's with Kona Snow
Amount Used: About 8.5 yards
Batting: Hobbs 80/20
Size: About 59 x 71 inches
Date Finished: June 2015
What I learned:
- I can sew curves with my machine. :)
It is not as pretty in the shade, but you can see the changes I made to the top and bottom of the columns in this picture.
I have now finished quilts for 9 out of 10 of our siblings. One more to go before I start on the nephews and nieces. Considering we have more than 40 nephews and nieces, the current plan is to make them a quilt for their weddings. Their ages range from 3 to 26, so I will have several years to get them done.
P.S. I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar. Check them out for lots of quilty inspiration.