Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Chunky Race Quilts Finished


I am happy to share five more finished quilts today.  They use my Calculations for Race Quilt Variations.  I described a little bit more about how they were pieced in my last post.  These will be going to Primary Children's Hospital for children staying there for Christmas.  (That is where some very similar quilts went last year.)


One of the reasons why I love sewing quilts like this is because they come together fast, allow the fabrics to shine, and then I can play with the quilting.

This first quilt has a different design in every row.






The second quilt has a different design in each of the eight colors.






The third quilt has feathers which take up two rows.





The fourth quilt was quilted in an all over design.






The last quilt is quilted with ribbon candy in every row.






I love playing with different FMQ designs.  It would be hard for me to pick a favorite out of these quilts.  (Although I almost decided to keep the black and white scrappy quilt.)  All five of these quilts finish at 41 by 56 inches.  For more information about the piecing and the fabrics used in the quilt tops, check out my previous post.

Here are all seven of the quilt going to Primary Children's for Christmas.


My friend will be picking them up soon to deliver them to the hospital.

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar.  Check them out for quilty inspiration.

8 comments:

  1. I love these! I was wanting to practice my FMQ in December and these would be perfect for that. But I may practice on a solid piece first and make these later. Can't decide! I like how the quilting makes them all look different. I have so much I want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you had fun with the qu Lying on each of these quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go to town, and how rewarding to know you are helping these children have a happier Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I thought the one with different quilting in every color was my favorite (and it is the most creative!) but I adore the ribbon candy all over. What a lovely way to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun colorful quilts! Love the different quilting on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilting texture has me drooling - your pictures show it off perfectly! I llove how you used so many different designs. The ribbon candy looks so perfect, it's one of my favorites. Congrats on all your fun finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Jasmine, you must be using up a LOT of your stash. The quilts are awesome and your quilting is sooooo fun! Nice finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finishes and such great donations!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!