Friday, November 11, 2016

My First Bunting


I found some really cute panels of bunting made by Riley Blake.  I decided to use some of them to make seasonal bunting for my fireplace mantle.


I probably should have started with the Christmas bunting.  However, when I brought them home Cheetah said, "I thought we were going to hang our stockings on the mantle instead."  I ended up deciding to start with the patriotic one.


I backed the panel in white felt, stitched around the printed triangles, cut them out with a pinking rotary cutter, and sewed them together with one inch double bias tape.  I love how they turned out!  Here is a close-up of the front.


And here is what it looks like on the back.


It was fast, simple, and fun!


My husband's brilliant idea was to hang the bunting with stocking hooks.  It is great for two reasons.  First, it doesn't damage the mantle.  Second, if the bunting gets pulled there won't be anything large or breakable that will come down with it.


I am so pleased with how it turned out, even though I won't be using it until next summer.  My second bunting was made with paper and ribbon instead of fabric.


At least it was made for the current season.  ;)


I need to figure out where I will hang my Christmas bunting before I make it.  Any ideas?

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar check them out to see what other quilters are making.

8 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! I've never seen panels like that before. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of them, and you are now ready for next summer! :) The Christmas one will be really cute too. Hanging them with stocking hooks is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The patriotic one could be great for today - Veteran's Day - and they all look like a great festive touch for your home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly spent more effort on your bunting that I did on the Halloween one I made a few weeks ago. Of course, yours will be around for much longer. It really is fun and adds a touch of whimsy to your beautiful home.

    What about treating your cubbies in the mud room like you would a mantel? Use the stocking hangers to hang the bunting across the top to add a festive touch. I would just use several hangers and keep it straight across the top so that it doesn't get in the way and get pulled down. Wouldn't that brighten the mud room? And coming home would be even happier since it becomes one of the first things you see?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanging it with stocking hangers is a brilliant idea! The buntings are both really cute. I like Mary's idea of adding the Christmas bunting to the cubbies in your mudroom. Every room needs a little Christmas cheer. Also, why don't I have anywhere to put a mudroom??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buntings and flowers - so charming! I have a bunting permanently hung across one of my living room windows, right over the top of the curtain, and I love it. I've also hung Christmas buntings across the front of my antique buffet (hung from the knobs on the drawers). I don't mind having to move it to get in the cupboards since I don't need fancy dishes every day. Have fun finding that special spot in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So this is one thing I have NEVER done! Just don't seem to have the draw to it but it is truly is sooooo cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!