Thursday, February 22, 2018

Wedding Quilt for Mrs. S


This is the wedding quilt for my niece, Mrs. S, which I helped my mother-in-law make.  When she described what type of quilt she wanted to make, I suggested she look at pictures of trip around the world quilts.  She really liked how they looked, and I figured out all the fabric she would need as well as how to put it together using strip piecing. 

All of the cutting was done at my house, and my mother-in-law did all of the piecing at her house.  This was done in stages before Christmas.  She was able to add the borders and wrap up the quilt top  for Christmas. 

Then early in January I quilted it on the Bernina Q24. 


The stipple was fast and gives great texture. 


The backing was an extra wide white fabric. 


She did an amazing job picking out the fabrics.  They blend so well together and I love the soft pop of light blue. 


I trimmed it up, and then she added the binding. 


We were racing the clock, so I didn't have very much time to take pictures.  After getting a shot of the whole quilt...


I quickly put it on my bed to see how it would look. 


I am thrilled with how it turned out and I know Mrs. S and her husband love it too. 

XX,
Jasmine

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I just love the fabrics in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did a great job with the fabrics, would you believe I have never made a Trip quilt! I love seeing them, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtakingly beautiful, Jasmine!!! And these are not even my favorite colors but I cannot stop staring at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The texture is fabulous! I love how you collaborate with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pop of blue is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! to the newlyweds. You and your MIL did well!!! That's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!