Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Camping Quilt

 

I decided to finish my camping quilt next.  I bought some dark brown fabric for the border.  Cut it out at 5 inches and added it to the top.  Then I loaded it on the frames.  


I quilted it in the loopy spiral late at night and finished it up pretty quickly.  


It is bound in a green and brown print.  My sweet mother provided the wide backing which has birds on it.  


I laid it on the floor to check it out.  It is pretty big finishing about 93 inches square.  


Then I took it over to Cheetah's bedroom.  It looks so nice in there.  


It will probably stay there until I make him a new quilt of his own.  (He wants one like my Floating quilt in pink, purple, and red with black.)  


I love how it turned out and used up so many of my outdoorsy scraps.  My husband especially loves this quilt.  


I'm already planning on another improv log cabin quilt.  This time in my black and white scraps.  

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful in his room! I love the scrappiness in the quilt. You've been very productive lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's a fabulous quilt. It sounds like Cheetah and your husband will have a happy trade off when Cheetah's new quilt gets made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out beautifully and look like you made it for Cheetah's room (even though you didn't!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Looks great with the ducks! I like the improv!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!