Thursday, October 8, 2020

Mom's Popsicle Sticks

 

My mom is having a harder time pinning things due to carpal tunnel.  So I offered to help her finish up her batik quilt.  She had all the blocks pieced and one row sewn together.  (The blocks didn't want to stay up because I had the ceiling fan turned on.)


I pieced the quilt top together while she went to buy backing for it.  


Then I quilted it on the long arm.  


The spiral loops worked really well because there were a lot of spirals and circles in the batik prints.  


The backing is a wide fabric which didn't require any piecing.  


I also did the binding for her.  It is all leftover green fabrics from the jelly rolls she used.  


We are both so happy it is finished.  





My mom used the Popsicle Sticks pattern by Atkinson Designs for this quilt.  


I love quilting with and for my mom!

XX,
Jasmine

5 comments:

  1. You and your mom did a wonderful job on this beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love it when a wide backing can be found and used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty but wait, that's not minky on the back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt, Jasmine! You were SEW sweet to help your Mom finish it. Thanks for including the pattern used. LOVE her designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a fun hobby to share. I love the colour she got for the backing. Is she going to keep this one?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!