Friday, October 2, 2020

Wedding Quilt for T & M


My nephew T and his fiance M requested a red quilt.  When I asked what else, they asked for black and red.  I added some white and gray to lighten it up.  ;)  My colors were inspired by this baby quilt on etsy.  

This quilt used seven 6 inch squares from twenty different fabrics.  I chose the fabrics as I was placing them on the design wall.  


Some fabrics, like that daisy print, were vetoed by Cheetah.  


One all twenty fabrics were chosen, they were placed on the design wall ten squares across by fourteen down.  


Then they were stacked up nice and neat to work on one of the other wedding quilts.  (This is actually the first one I cut out.)  I eventually got it pieced.  


Then it was quickly loaded on the frames with some black minky.  


I quilted it in the double loop/spiral loop.  Its the second one quilted like that recently.  It is fast and fun.  


Black minky is hard to photograh.  


I squared it up...


Then placed it on the longarm with the rest of the wedding quilts needing binding.  


I actually finished the binding on all four on the same day.  They were all bound in black.  Taking nice pictures of each quilt actually took more time.  


It felt so good to have them all finished before the first wedding this year!  

Here are the finished pictures of the quilt for T and M.  






It is a good thing I love my nephews, because they all have looked good in my piano room.  


I guess that just means I need to make more quilts.  ;)

XX,
Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics. Your son has a good eye for color! It's a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see all the quilt waiting for their binding on your longarm. You were very productive. The black minky looks like it has a lot of color variation; some colors are definitely harder to photograph than others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour palette! That loopy quilting design is one of my favourites, too. The quilts all looked great hanging on the longarm together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl you have just been cranking them out left and right!! And to bind 4 quilts in a day with your kiddos around too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beautiful Jasmine.
    You are the best Auntie everrrrr ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome quilts.....now someday I will have to make a red/black/ gray/white quilt...
    survivor972002@midco.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on this and ALL of this year's wedding quilts, Jasmine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another fantastic finish! You amaze me that you got four bound in one day?! It usually takes me a half day or more to get a quilt bound. I love the photo of them all hanging on your longarm, and I will have to dry that double-loop meander very soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!