Thursday, March 1, 2018

Miss H's First Quilt


This is Miss H's first quilt which she worked on with my mother.  It once again uses the basic Turning 20 pattern with borders added.  I did the quilting and put the binding on my machine.  My sister will sew it to the back by hand and then I hope to get some more pictures. 

I quilted it on the Bernina Q24 with a wild quilting design. 


My niece wanted as many different designs included as possible.  It really stretched my skills and my brain.   


It was a relief to finish the quilting on it. 


I find it much easier to select a set number of designs for the entire project, but I love how it turned out!


Some of the fabrics highlight one design.


Others have a combination of designs.


I kind of wish I could have kept it.  ;)  I guess it just means that I will have to quilt another quilt like this in the future. 

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. It's good to be stretched. You came up with some nice designs for the quilt. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture on the backing is amazing! I'm sure your niece will treasure it and appreciate your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both did amazing, she knows the quilting design is important too, LOL So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! You and Miss H did a fabulous job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!