Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Playing with Scraps


After putting away my Skittles quilt I was still in the mood to play with scraps.  Scraps are great when you have limited time to sew.  I first pulled out my five inch width scraps.  I sewed them into rows and then into panels for two bags.  It used up all but a few of the five inch pieces.  


Then I pulled out all of my Halloween scraps.  I just started sewing like sizes together and came up with a table runner which fits perfectly on the Ikea Kallax unit right by the craft room.  


It is wild and crazy, but Cheetah likes that it is at least symmetrical.  All the smaller pieces ended up in the middle.  The cat is my favorite part.  


It used up all but these few pieces.  (The grid on my cutting table is half inch squares.)

 
Then I pulled out some scraps from my Amanda Murphy quilts.  They became this blended table runner.  


The scraps filled up my design wall and were fun to work with.  


So I went from one UFO/WISP (Skittles) to five unfinished projects.  It is definitely not normal for me, but it was very therapeutic.  

XX,
Jasmine

5 comments:

  1. Very therapeutic! And probably cleaned up some too. Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jasmine! I wouldn't really worry about starting 4 new projects. Focus on the positive... Way to put those scraps to GOOD USE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a lot of fun, which is what it's all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you have a big enough design wall...you can continue to play :-) So much color and happiness in those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrap sewing is the best! All of these look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!