Friday, July 10, 2020

Masks


Sometimes it is hard to take a break from what we want to sew to make what we need to sew, especially when our sewing time is so limited.  ;)  That is the case with masks.  They are sadly necessary, so something worth sacrificing for our loved ones.  I combined three different tutorials to make the mask how I wanted.  Here is a test mask I made. 

I've also made some masculine ones for the men in my life:  Cheetah, my husband, my dad, and my father-in-law. 


Then there were roses for my mom, her best friend (an honorary gradma), and my mother-in-law. 


The kids got slightly smaller and much cuter masks.  Pink for Bunny. 


Bright and orange for Panda.


Bright and blue for Monkey. 


(Please note that Panda and Monkey got haircuts right after these pictures were taken.)

I hope you are all staying safe and well. 

XX,
Jasmine

5 comments:

  1. I had some of that fabric on Panda's mask. I thought maybe that first mask was for Bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely hard to take a break from fun sewing to make masks, but I'm glad so many of us are doing what we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Bunny and Monkey are smiling behind their masks!! When did Panda get so grown up, Jasmine? The time has gone so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did Bunny get so big??? Such cute fabrics and even cuter models!!! For mask making, I suggest using t-shirt strips instead of ties. They are faster to make, more comfortable around the ears and adjustable too. The ties tend to slip and take forever to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mask models are all adorable :) It is so hard to take time away from fun sewing to make masks, but they are a necessity for the time being. I've made some and need to spend time this week to make more.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!