Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Stripe Quilts Finished


Both of these girly quilts were made with the leftovers of other projects and some stash.  They will be given to children staying at Primary Children's Hospital for Christmas. I showed a sneak peek at the quilt tops in my previous post about my design wall.  The quilting makes a big difference!


This princess quilt was made with the leftovers of my princess pillow and my Floating quilt.


I had so much fun quilting it on my Tiara.


The backing was mostly left over from my Berry Pie quilt.


I love the pansies!



The binding was leftover from my Modern Farmer's Wife quilt


I love how this quilt turned out.


Quilt Stats #188
Name:  Princess Stripes
Pattern:  Stripes of various widths
Fabric:  Kona solids and Dream and a Wish by Riley Blake
Amount Used:  3.5 yards
Batting:  Hobbs 80/20
Size:  About 42 x 54 inches
Date Finished: November 2016


This rainbow quilt was made with the leftovers of Panda's Lego Rainbow and parts of a panel I found on clearance at my LQS a couple years ago.  I think the panel adds so much to the solids. The primary colors are wider than the secondary colors because I used a strip of the orange, green, and purple, for the borders of Mr. Bones. It worked out perfectly because three of the panel squares were bigger and three were smaller.

I quilted each colored stripe differently.


The backing is an old Hoffman floral I found in my stash.


It is so bright and cheerful!


I bound the quilt in a brighter yellow solid also left over from Panda's Lego Quilt.


This was such a fun quilt to make.


Quilt Stats #189
Name:  Solid Stripe Surprise
Pattern:  Stripes of 2 widths
Fabric:  Kona solids and older panel
Amount Used:  3.5 yards
Batting:  Hobbs 80/20
Size:  About 42 x 54 inches
Date Finished: November 2016

These were great stash busting quilts for a good cause.  I will share some more stash busting quilts next.

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar.  Check them out for lots of inspiration.

8 comments:

  1. A person would never know these were made with leftovers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilting. Great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the different quilting you did. Adds so much to the strip quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely echo what Cynthia said, these don't look like quilts made from scraps or leftovers! They are lovely and I am sure they will mean so much to the children who receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! These two are terrific ads for "the quilting makes the quilt"...as well as the backing--I'm like you in that I love beautiful backings that work with the front! What a change from seeing them on your oh-so-cool design wall in an earlier post. I also love that many quilts' scraps contributed to various parts of these new beauties. And then, you're donating them. Wow. So generous. (

    ReplyDelete
  6. You turn scraps into such treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts are beautiful, but I absolutely love the one with the squares from the panel. I love how they seem to float in the stripes and the quilting around them is perfect. Great job, Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gifts of love turned out fantastic, Jasmine. They will truly be loved!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!