Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Skittles Quilt Finished


It turns out that blogging about my Skittles quilt in progress was just the inspiration I needed to finish it.  I got the top pieced in just a couple days. 


Then I bought some minky and loaded it on the frames. 


I quilted it with a simple stipple because I wanted the applique to take center stage and not the quilting. 


I love how quick it is to stipple.  The quilting didn't take very long at all. 


I love the texture on the minky backing as well. 


It got a black and silvery gray polka dot binding because a circle quilt needs more circles, right?


Kitty was the first one to test out the quilt. 


She loved it so much we put it on the floor for her to crawl on a lot.  She sometimes spins around on her tummy to check out all the different fabrics. 


I think this may be my new favorite quilt. 


It is perfect for more snuggles.  At the time I finished this quilt I had no more UFO's or WIP's.  Things have changed a little since then.  I have four nephew wedding quilts to make this year.

XX,
Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful quilt, Jasmine! I love your layout of the bright circles on the gray background. And Kitty on the quilt is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I love the layout you chose. And Kitty is just adorable playing on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jasmine, it's perfect and I love how the colors and patterns interest Kitty. Sounds like you have another quilter in training already! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just finished reading every post of your blog - so inspiring, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is so cute with her down there checking out all the circles! I would think that would be a great eye stimulation and a great learning tool to learn her colors when she is a bit older;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE it, Jasmine!!! (But you already know that.) SEW glad that you finished this super cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fabulous quilt Jasmine! I love all the circles and all the different fabrics. And the pictures of Kitty playing on it are really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skittles is a great name for this fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!