Thursday, September 28, 2017

Heat Wave Table Runner


I was happy to find five red, orange, and yellow fabrics in my stash to make the table runner I wanted this month.  Some of these are Northcott Stonehenge, some are Northcott Toscana, and some were random in my stash.


This is my own design for a table runner.  It was inspired by the Piano Keys Table Runner designed by Connie at Freemotion by the River.  My table runner finishes about 66 by 15 inches.

I quilted it with a medium stipple in orange and white thread.


Both threads blend really well with the Stonehenge fabric on the back.


There aren't any tucks on the back, just wrinkles that didn't come out easily.  ;)


I bound the runner in the darkest red fabric.  I like how it frames the quilt.


The runner currently lives on the quilt cabinet in my great room.


This is my view as I come down the stairs from my studio.  I love it!


I originally thought of these colors as summery, which is why I call it my Heat Wave Table Runner.  However, I think this will also be good for fall.


I might turn the runner over to the pumpkin orange side for October.

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar.  Check them out to see what other quilters are making.

11 comments:

  1. I really like the colors and design of your table runner. Looks perfect in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors glow together, so I can understand naming it Heat Wave! It is wonderfully coordinated with your banner and the flowers on the mantel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sight to see coming down the stairs! I agree with Yvonne, the colours really do glow together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thise are perfect colors for this time of year, and I love the simplicity of your design! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish! Love the colors with your bunting. Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! The colours are just gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Perfect for Fall. Love all your pictures. I bet it was fun to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! Those colors are prefect for the transition from late summer to the autumn season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I pulled out some of my fall quilts to place here and there around my house this past weekend, I thought, I wonder what Jasmine is doing for fall? And now I know! That’s a great runner-I immediately thought pumpkins so I think it will work for summer or fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer or Autumn, I think your runner totally works for both!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!