Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Nephew Quilt for B


This quilt is for my nephew B.  He told me that his favorite color combo is deep royal purple and black.  So this was my fabric pull.  


It was such a fun quilt to make because it was literally a quilt in a day--from fabric pull to binding.  I chose to use a simple pattern I have used before on a wedding quilt for C and K.  The idea came from Emily at Simple Girl, Simple Life.  (I can't find her website any more.) It is made from five inch squares with sashing and borders.  


I had fun putting it on my design wall.


With such big and simple blocks the quilt top came together quickly.


Then I quilted it on the Bernina Q24.


I love quilting the loopy spiral on boy quilts.  I think the curved quilting softens all the squares.


I got the binding on after the kids were in bed.


I love Saturday quilt days when my husband is home.  And I love simple quilts that can be made in a day.  


The quilt was added to the nephew quilt stack and later I took more photos outside.






I am also loving taking pictures at the arbor my husband built.  


I dropped this quilt off at my brother’s house last week along with  his siblings’ quilts. B picked it up the next day. He told me that the colors are absolutely perfect and he loves it. 

XX,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. The black really lets the royal purple sing. How wonderful to hear that B thinks the colors are perfect and that he loves the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!