Thursday, November 24, 2022

Bunny's New Quilt


This quilt is for my older daughter, Bunny.  Her favorite color is hot pink, but her bedroom is decorated in purple.  So I decided she needed a pink and purple quilt while I made an orange, pink, and yellow one for her sister.  This was my original fabric pull.  


I cut it out the same day as I did Kitty's.  Then put it up on the design wall once Kitty's was down.


I didn't have enough fabric in my stash, so I took Bunny to the store to pick out a few fabrics herself.  She really wanted a pink fabric with cats, and we were able to find one in the 1930's section at my local quilt shop.  


The top came together very quickly.


I added a 2.5 inch cut border to it at the same time as Kitty's new quilt.


I quilted it once Bunny came home from school and told me that she wanted hers quilted the same way as her sister's.


This is the third quilt I have added hearts to the spiral and paisley combo.  I am loving them all together.  


I finished hers right after her sister's the next day.  Bunny is all about keeping things fair or in her favor.  


Her quilt looked beautiful outside in the sunlight.  I sometimes call it Pinker-Purple.







The two quilts look beautiful together and I love how they reflect each girl's personality.  It was eight days start to finish for both of these quilts.


Bunny loves having it on her bed.


I love how the girls' rooms now have more of their favorite colors.  


Some time I would like to make Bunny a cat quilt to hang on her wall.  

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating. And I hope everyone (celebrating and not) has a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the bright colors in the girls rooms. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These complement each other so well! They do both look wonderful in the sunlight too. :-) Now you've got me wanting to make another!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!