Thursday, July 20, 2017

Mischelle's Quilts


My friend Mischelle called me and said she had a couple quilts that she needed to get quilted soon and wondered if I would be able to help her.  I told her to bring them by the next day.  This is the first quilt.  All pink and made with the Falling Charms pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Company.  It is a retirement gift for a friend and was signed by people who worked with her.  I quilted it in a large meander with little flowers thrown in.


It has a white minky backing.

This is the second quilt, also using the Falling Charms pattern.  It is all green for the husband of the recipient of the first quilt.  Husband and wife retired on the same day from the same company.  


It was also signed by people who worked with him.  I quilted it in a large meander (without the flowers).


It has a cream minky backing.

Both quilts were quilted very quickly in one night on the Bernina Q24.  The best part was chatting and laughing with my friend Mischelle while working on them.

XX,
Jasmine

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Both quilts looks great in that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy retirement to the couple! It sounds like a lovely evening of quilting and visiting with a friend. I am sure the quilts are going to mean so much to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jasmine! Oh my was alot of fun visiting. We should to get together again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that! The quilts turned out great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilts Jasmine. You did a lovely job quilting the beautiful work that your friend did.
    I wish I lived close by. I have a jillion quilts haha
    Have a happy fun week-end

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilts and the quilting us wonderful. What a lovely gift. I love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!