Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Alissa's Quilts


While it was hard for me to finish my own projects at the end of 2018, I was able to help my friend Alissa finish three quilts in time for Christmas.  I helped her with the design, cutting, layouts, quilting, and some of the binding.  Bunny loved it when she came over, because they would play together while I quilted. 

This first quilt was a gift for her father-in-law. I quilted it with spirals. 


It has black minky on the back. 


The second one was for her family. 


I quilted it with a large stipple because the minky on the back was so plush. 


Bunny really liked the back on this one. 


The third one was a gift for her mother-in-law. 


I quilted it with spirals and paisleys. 


It has lavender minky on the back. 


I believe all three of these were made with Benartex jelly rolls.  They were a big hit on Christmas day. 

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. I love these! She did such a great job picking the patterns for each of these. The blue one is perfect for a man and the purple one is so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all just wonderful and wow that minky really gives great texture. I think of you every time I see Minky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what gorgeous quilts! Such lovely eye candy and wonderful quilting. Love the shot of Bunny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift for your friend!! Quilting lessons and longarm quilting services to make gifts for hey family. SEW sweet (and those quilts are terrific, too!!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!