Thursday, November 26, 2020

Little Things

 Gratitude Week ~ Day 7 


Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating in America.  Today I am sharing some little things which I have made and some little things which I am grateful for.  


This is a thread catcher which I made from some practice quilting sandwiches.  It was my first time quilting on such a small scale.  (These are 4 inches tall.)  They looked awful on the back but cute on the front.  Making a thread catcher showed off the front and hid the back because they are lined with another fabric.  


I also recently made my husband some fleece drawstring bags.  These are big enough to keep helmets in.  The fleece was great because it doesn't fray.  I used another helmet bag my husband had as a basic pattern.  They were pretty simple because the bottoms are just rounded not boxed.  


Two yards of fleece was the perfect amount for these six bags, because each piece was cut out at 18 by 20 inches.  

Now for the little things I am grateful for.  I thought it would be fun to list 20 for 2020. Here they are in no particular order:

1.  Sunshine
2.  Mountains
3.  Lakes
4.  Camping with my family
5.  Beautiful fall colors
6.  Chocolate
7.  Pretty fabric
8.  A fenced in back yard
9.  When my husband does the dishes
10.  When my husband does the laundry
11.  Baby laughter
12.  Children laughing
13.  Naps
14.  Seasonal Quilts
15.  Friends
16.  Neighbors
17.  My children's teachers
18.  Flowers
19.  Book of Mormon
20.  Technology to keep in touch with people near and far

What are you grateful for today?
#givethanks

XX,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. I am very grateful for you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome thread catcher, Jasmine! While I'm not sure why your husband would need a fleet of helmet bags, it was very kind of you to meet that need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do miss reading your blogposts, Jasmine....is everything alright? I know life gets busy with family and church...hope all is well with you and you find the time to share again. Blessings from WV.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!