Thursday, September 8, 2022

It Has Been Awhile


My last post was nearly two years ago.  I didn't plan on taking a long blogging break, but life happens.  Thank you to everyone who has checked up on me and checked for new posts on my blog.  My family and I are doing well.  I have just been busy taking care of all five of my children and trying to meet their individual needs.  I am grateful I have had quilting to keep me going even if I haven't been blogging.  

Things have somewhat calmed down and I am hoping to get back to blogging.  I have over 50 different projects that I have finished and not blogged about since Thanksgiving 2020.  I find myself reading my own blog and showing people the pictures from my blog.   I hope to bring it up to date.  We'll see if I can get caught up.  

I thought it would be fun to show my most recent finish first (because I am the most excited about it). It is from Camille Roskelley's book Simply Retro.  It is the Vintage pattern.  I just added four more blocks, sashing, and borders.  My quilt is actually king size finishing at 104 by 104 inches.  It is made from Craftsy's Boundless Sea Spray fabric I bought years ago to make a different quilt.  


This puts me one quilt closer to reaching a goal I set before I got married 22 years ago.  I wanted to have one quilt for my bed for each month.  I now only need to make two more and I already have the fabric to do it.  I love looking at quilts on beds and want to share my progress towards this goal.  


I have fabric for a blue and cream winter quilt for my bed to replace my Farmer's Wife quilt for January.  


I use my Double Irish Chain on my bed for February.  It was my ninth quilt finished and has over 200 hours of hand quilting.  


This is a Colorado Log Cabin that my mom pieced for me.  She had me quilt it.  


This is my Cheerful Patch quilt for the month of April. I finished it this year in March.  The yellow nine patch is also a recent finish.  The pillows and the quilt on the wall were sewn by my great grandmother.  


My Modern Farmer's Wife quilt is the May quilt for my bed.  The doll quilt on the wall was started by my grandmother.  She cut out the fabrics for eleven out of the twelve dolls.  

I plan on making a yellow and white quilt for June.  It will be bright and cheerful reminding me of summer sunshine and lemonade.  


My Around the Twist quilt is for the month of July.  The quilt on the wall is a recent finish and is actually a gift for one of my nephews.  I just enjoyed it there before gifting it to him.  


This quilt will be for the month of August.  But I will enjoy it for September this year because I just barely finished it.  


This Stack-n-Whack quilt is what I usually use for the month of September.  I had it on the bed for just a few days this year.  


This black and white improv log cabin is my October bed quilt.  I finished it in 2021.  


My Colorsplash Trip which I finished in 2007 is for November.  I couldn't find a recent picture, so here it is at my old house.  


Cookie Crumbs is my scrappy Christmas quilt for the month of December.  I finished it in 2020 right after my last blog post.  I hope to blog about it soon.  

Seeing all of these quilts in one place is very motivating for me to finish the last two quilts for my goal.  I have made more than twelve queen/king size quilts, but I have decided they need to be seasonal to fit my goal.  You can't really have too many quilts, can you?

XX,
Jasmine

P.S. If you want to read more about these quilts, links to their individual posts can be found on the pages under my header.  (Quilts 1-100, Quilts 101-200, and Quilts 200+)

2 comments:

  1. You can't have too many quilts! :) It's so good to hear from you again and I'm so glad you continued to quilt even if you weren't blogging. Sending you and your family love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have quilts for each month. It has got me thinking about doing that as well. It would be fun to have a different look each month and would give me a reason to keep some quilts for myself. The thought of making 12 king size quilts is a bit daunting though! Nice to read your blog this morning and to see you're doing well with your family.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!