Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Month of March & April Goals

March was an awesome and productive month for me.  I am calling it "March Machine Madness"  because my focus was on playing with and learning my new machine.  My sit down Baby Lock Tiara


I am sure all of my regular readers know how much I LOVE this machine.  I call her Princess. 

The first project I did was that sample you can see with the machine above.  Cheetah thought that it would be fun to make it a finished quilt, and I love that I will have a sample to keep of the first quilting I did with my new machine.  It will be fun to compare differences in a year or so.  :)


Then to learn my machine I quilted six whole cloth quilts which ranged from 36 x 42 inches to 42 x 60 inches. 


After all that practice I was ready to tackle my twister quilt.  It was so much fun to quilt. 


I did so much that I almost forgot finishing this quilt for my brother M. 



After that I finished this quilt for my sister S. 


Then I quilted my niece R's first quilt.  She did an amazing job putting it together with my mom. 


Then I made this fun simple quilt for the Hands2Help charity quilt challenge. 


I have one other small finish from last week.  I pieced and tied this blanket for Panda's friend M.  He gave it to her at her birthday party. 


It looked so cute all wrapped up!  And she loved it! 


It used up 3.5 yards of flannel.  Plus, I added 1 more yard of fabric to my stash.  It was Thomas the Train fabric to make something for my Monkey. 

So here is my Stash Report for the Month of March... 

March Stash Report
Quilting Cottons
Fabric purchased this month:  6 yards
Fabric used this month:  51.75 yards
Net stash this month: 45.75 yards less
Fabric purchased year to date:  6 yards
Fabric used year to date:  138.5 yards
Net stash year to date:  132.5 yards less

Oh, my!  I can hardly believe how much sewing and quilting I did this month.  I don't think I will be as productive (quilting wise) in April, because we have a lot of family stuff going on.  Next week is Spring Break for us, and I doubt I will get any quilting done.  So don't be surprised if you don't hear much from me.  :)

Knowing everything going on, I am planning on a simple goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  I want to make a quilt for my sister T out of this fabric.  I already have a simple stripe design figured out, so it should go together really fast. 


These are all five inch strips, and my sister's quilt won't use all of them.  So I will have to decide on what to do with the rest. 

Plus, I will quilt my niece C's first quilt this month.  Then I will work on more quilts for more siblings.  I have three sibling quilts done, and seven to go!  Hopefully I can make them all a quilt sometime this year.  (I thought that would be a good cause for a lot of my stash busting.) 

I hope you all have fun stuff planned for the month of April.  Can I just say, "I LOVE SPRING!!!"

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with Lorna for Let's Bee Social and the April Goal Setting Party for A Lovely Year of Finishes...  The buttons for these linkys are now on my side bar.  Go ahead and check them out to see what others are doing.  :o)

8 comments:

  1. I think that you & Princess were made for each other! I love seeing all of your finishes. I'm anxious for winter to depart too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that your March Machine Madness was a slam dunk! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I love your March Machine Madness. It amazes me how much fabric can be lurking in stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a productive month indeed! You and Princess did a lovely job on each of those beautiful quilts... And the tied one is sweet, too! Hope you have a wonderful spring break and get to spend lots of quality time with your family. Princess and the rest of us will still be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been productive!! Your stash busting numbers amaze me!! I seem to be accumulating rather than diminishing ;) Have a great spring break with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I've been following along, all month, I didn't realize how much you'd accomplished until I saw it all listed like this. Princess helped you go into quilting overdrive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have gotten so much done. Good for you!! I Love Princess! I have looked at those machines at the quilt show and wondered about them. I just use my home sewing machine. So happy to see that! Keep up ALL that wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!