Friday, February 12, 2016

Chaos Mini: A Finish


In my last post I mentioned that I had already used the scraps from my scrap quilt.  (That still makes me chuckle.)  I ended up with an extra block when I cut the scrap vortex into fourteen inch squares.  I decided to add 3 inch borders and quilt it the same way as I did my other Mini Vortex.  I even used the same shiny silver/gray thread.  It is the Exquisite polyester embroidery thread.  I really like the shimmer it gives the quilt.


Once again, I found a circle and started spiraling around it.  It is a pretty fun method to use on a mini quilt.  This one finishes about 20 inches square.


Another advantage to being here at my mom's house is the access to her stash.  She gave me the fabric for my backing.  She is so sweet.


It is a pretty Japanese screen print.


I decided to bind this in black like the border.  I thought about doing a red like the big one, but the red overpowered the smaller quilt.


I always love seeing the same block quilted in a different way.

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar, including Oh Scrap.  Check them out to see what other quilters have been making.  

9 comments:

  1. I love this mini! Your quilting is so clever! It really takes this up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting really seems to shine and glow, Jasmine. And it is hard to tell it is a spiral - I thought it was a lot of concentric circles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of those leftovers. I too enjoy your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mini quilts! They seem so easy and quick, I don't know why I don't get to making some for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Such a fun little mini, and a great way to use up those extra pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool Jasmine! I really like how you find a circle and start your quilting from there. It really gives it a great vortex effect. Both of those minis are wonderful! And yay for moms who share their stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first when I read "I found a circle..." I was like wait don't you mean you traced a circle onto the mini, and THEN I saw the circle! Well who knew. I'm going to try this again soon, did it years ago on a stack n whack quilt star to emphasize the kaleidoscope. I love how yours emphasizes the vortex!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your new Mini Vortex. The spiral quilting from the big black dot is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these little one, Jasmine! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!