Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Kitty's Pony Quilt


A couple weeks ago I shared a sneak peek of the pony blocks my mom made for Kitty.  Cheetah helped me come up with the layout.  These ponies are an Anita Goodesign embroidery applique.  My mom had made them in traditional horse colors before.  I requested colors inspired by My Little Ponies for Kitty.  My mom had so much fun embroidering the blocks and texting me pictures each time she finished one.  


My mom did the embroidery applique on fourteen inch minky squares, and I squared them up to 13 inches.  Bunny enjoyed helping me by handing me one block at a time to trim.  Pretty soon all twelve blocks were trimmed.  (The Pinkie Pie inspired block is my favorite.)


Then the blocks were pieced together with a half inch seam allowance.  


And a border was added.  


It was loaded on my frames and I quilted it the same way as Bunny's Princess Quilt


I love how the loops fill the space and draw attention to the ponies.  



Once it was quilted I added a dark pink minky binding to finish it off.  


The backing is the same dark pink as the border and binding. 


My mom was very happy with the finished quilt.  


Kitty likes it too.  


We got her all dolled up with her unicorn skirt for the pictures.  Her extra fluffy unicorn from her other grandma also made an appearance.  


I love helping my mom finish her projects, especially when they are for my own family.  ;)

XX,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. Your mom did a great job adapting the embroidery design and it's really fun that Cheetah and Bunny helped you put the quilt top together, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute quilt finish, Jasmine! I think Kitty is going to appreciate the fact that her quilt is quilted just like you did for her big sister's quilt. It's SEW wonderful that FOUR family members shared a part in it! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable quilt with an absolutely adorable Kitty. Love the dark pink/fuchsia to brighten the pale pinks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!