Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Trading with a Friend


Cheetah will hopefully be going to university very soon.  (His university is doing a hybrid approach to classes.  Any classes over 50 people will be online.)  I wanted to get his name embroidered on his new towels, but that is not something I do.  Luckily, my friend Mischelle frequently embroiders for other people.  I asked her if she was interested in a trade:  I would quilt a quilt top for her and she would embroider the towels for my son.  She was happy to trade services.  

This is her quilt top made with the Varsity line by Sweetwater.  She told me to quilt it however I wanted (knowing I like all over quilting designs).


I loaded it on the frames and pondered how to quilt it.  


I noticed that the Varsity fabric had a lot of stars, even stars in circles.  


So with Mischelle's approval I quilted loops and stars all over her quilt in an off-white thread.  


It went surprisingly fast.  



I even trimmed the quilt for her.  


Then I folded it up...  


And I put it in her amazing wire framed basket.  


I love that her basket matched the quilt.  She told me that she got such a good deal on the Varsity fabric that she will be using it for a lot of projects.  

I'd share her embroidery, but it has Cheetah's name on it. ;)  I'm so pleased with the result that I'd love to trade with her again.  It was fun quilting another one of Mischelle's quilts.  See the first two here.  

XX,
Jasmine

5 comments:

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!