Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Chiclets

 

After finishing some UFO's from my sister-in-law's box, I was finally able to get my scrappy rainbow four-patch loaded on my longarm.  


The delay was caused by a need for white batting.  JoAnns was out of Warm and White.  I ordered two different rolls from Amazon and they both came in extremely poor quality.  It was like the cotton seeds had been left in the batting making it rough and no good at all.  They both had to be sent back.  Then I ordered a roll of Winline 100% cotton white batting from my local quilt shop.  I had never used it before, but I have to say that I love it.  This quilt turned out so cuddly and the white batting made the Kona White look even more brilliant.  


It always feels so good to unroll a quilt off the long arm. 


I quilted this in alternating loops in each white square like Shannon did on this quilt of hers.  


The minky backing was one that I had bought on clearance awhile ago.  


I decided to bind the quilt in a fabric which matched the backing.  It ended up that the only fabric I had that worked was in two corners of the quilt.  It was almost like I had planned it.  


This is another new favorite quilt!


I love how the quilting turned out.  


Kitty loves the colors.  


Bunny Loves the cuddle factor.  


This quilt has been used a lot lately.  It is great for making quilt forts.  We like them made with a card table for support.  


I was going to call this quilt Four-Patch Match because I liked the rhyme.  However, I decided to continue my candy names for scrap quilts.  I already have Starburst, Jolly Rancher, Skittles, and so this one is Chiclets like the candy gum.  


What a yummy swirl!

XX,
Jasmine

5 comments:

  1. What a yummy swirl indeed! I'm sorry that the batting you ordered had to be sent back, but I'm glad the batting that you eventually used was so good. Looks like a bright, happy quilt that is already being well loved and put to great use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my list to make! I wish I had more scraps so I could start right now. But I've used up most of my orange and green scraps (and now the pink as I just got all of those out for a quilt). The quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilting and love the quilt, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that quilt makes my heart beat faster! It's beautiful, Jasmine! So amazing what you can do with simple squares. And I love that it's already being used to make forts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know I’m going to say it but I love this quilt even more now that it’s quilted and I love that loopy design. I also am loving your candy naming of these rainbow scrap quilts, very smart! Bunny is too cute with her sunglasses on and oh my I remember fort-making days with my girls.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!