Tuesday, October 11, 2022

My Sister's Ninth Quilt


This quilt was pieced by my sister for her second son and his wife.  I helped her cut it out.  She actually had the quilt top finished in July 2021 and we tried it out on Cheetah's bed.


But it wasn't until December 2021 that I was able to quilt it.  She had hoped to be able to give it to them when they were visiting for Christmas.  They live about an hour and a half away.  On December 21 I was able to load it on the Bernina Q24 and get it quilted.


They wanted it quilted with spirals.


The kids were so good that I got it all quilted in one day.  


The next day I did the binding for her.


And I took some pictures.


Did you spy Kitty's hand.  She snuck it on the quilt just as I took the picture.  


The quilting really brought this quilt to life.


It will be so beautiful on their bed, especially with the coordinating pillows my sister made.


This was the last quilt she needed to make for her children.  All six now have a quilt pieced by her and finished by me.  Her husband will get a quit next when he can decide what fabric he likes.  I love this quilt on my bed so much that I have bought some yellow and white fabric to make one for me for June.  

XX,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. I love Kitty's hand sneaking into the photo to touch the quilt, that's a precious moment to have captured! The quilting really did bring this quilt to life and the matching pillows your sister made look wonderful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt pattern, and you are right, it does look so wonderful now that it has been quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a dramatic quilt, Jasmine. Fabulous teamwork!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!