Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Christmas Placemats


I made these placemats for a neighborhood women gift exchange.  We were supposed to bring something that was one of our favorite things.  I love quilting and decorating with quilts, so these placemats were perfect.  

They are made with the scraps from the two "Christmas with 3 Sisters" quilts.  I started out by separating them into six sets.  I had to add three 2.5 x 21 inch strips which were leftover from another project to make all six place mats.  


I pieced the placemats, trimmed them to 12.5 x 18.5 inches, and then quilted them on the Bernina Q24.  I used scrap batting and there was barely enough.  


The binding on multiple little projects really adds up, but it was fun to stack them on the floor as I finished them.  


The backing is from the current 3 Sister Moda Christmas line.  


I had fun testing them out on my table.  



My friend who received these was so excited. She said they match the colors in her house perfectly.

I really need to make some placemats for my home sometime.  However, I know once I start I will want to keep going until I have a set for every month!  

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. Oh I bet she was thrilled all right! They are so festive. You could always just make ones that match the dishes you use most. Or just do the major holidays:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilted placemats are one of my favorite gifts to give. These look like they were fun and I bet your friend will love getting to use them!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!