Thursday, December 15, 2022

My Mom's Blue Quilt


My mom made this quilt as a surprise for my dad.  His favorite color is light blue, but we decided to include all shades.  We went shopping at my local quilt shop when they were having a fat quarter sale and picked 27 different blues.  

Then on one of our sew days we cut out four 5 by 10 inch rectangles from each fat quarter and put them on the design wall.  This one is a little bigger than the Christmas quilts. It has 18 rows and finishes about 57 by 81 inches. 


My mom was able to finish the top in just two sew days at my house.  She is definitely getting faster the more we sew together.


I quilted it for her on the Bernina Q24 with a light blue minky backing.


I quilted it in a loopy spiral which my mom says reminds her of bubbles.


Then I added a navy blue binding.


My mom is so happy with how quickly we were able to finish this quilt.





My dad is going to love his quilt made with love by his wife and daughter.


Now I just need to wrap it up so my mom can put it under the tree.  I should be safe sharing this because my dad doesn't read my blog.  (Hopefully.)

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. The light blue backing looks to be perfection. He's going to be so happy with this gift! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful quilt showing off all the fabulous blues. Actually, on second thought, it is a handsome quilt. I am sure your dad will love it. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue quilts are great. I love this one and am sure your dad will too. The minkee backing will make it nice and cuddly. And the quilting is perfect. You guys did a great job! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is another beauty. I was just thinking about how fast your mom pulled that one together. Your dad will treasure it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!